Making YourSpace Salons an Accessible Place for all Ontarians
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) was passed to ensure that public and private sector businesses and organizations in Ontario are accessible to everyone, including persons with disabilities. Under the AODA, Ontario Regulation 429/07, entitled “Accessibility Standards for Customer Service” (“the Regulation”), came into effect on January 1, 2008. The Regulation establishes accessibility standards specific to customer service for private sector organizations that provide goods and services to members of the public or other third parties.
The objective of this policy is to identify and ensure the equal treatment through the Ontario Human Rights Code, through the AODA and the regulations, require with respect to service delivery to persons with disabilities and addresses the following:
- The provision of Goods and Services to persons with disabilities
- The Use of Assisted Devices
- The Use of a Guide Dog and Service Animals
- The Use of Support Persons
- Notice of Service Disruptions
- Customer Feedback
- Notice of Availability and Format of Required Documents.
YourSpace Salons is committed to providing services to our customers in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. YourSpace Salons is committed to, and will continuously strive to ensure the Accessibility for Ontarians Act (AODA), 2005, the standards and all relevant legislation concerning accessibility are strictly observed.
YourSpace Salons is committed to becoming a barrier free environment that meets all existent and future legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing, and preventing barriers to people with disabilities that might inhibit with their ability to make full use of the services provided and offered by YourSpace Salons.
At YourSpace Salons providing customer service to all customers including those with disabilities is important to us. Below is our Accessibility Policy.
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a Guide Dog or any other Service Animal we will ensure that the person is permitted to enter the Salon & Spa and keep the animal with him or her.
- If a person with a disability is accompanied by a Support Person the Salon & Spa staff will ensure that both persons are permitted to enter the Salon & Spa together and the person with a disability is not prevented from having access to the support person while on the premises. If a customer requires the Salon & Spa staff to contact a support person i.e. Security, the Salon & Spa Staff will do so.
- If an appointment has to be moved or rescheduled for a customer with a disability we will ensure this is done with a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment time, to ensure the customer can make arrangements.
- If a customer with a disability that uses a wheelchair visits the Salon & Spa for services we will be able to move the Salon furniture such as Cuttting and/or shampoo chairs so that the Salon & Spa services can be provided. If the services need to be done while the client remains in the wheelchair; we will ensure the service provider properly drapes the client.
- Our Staff will always ensure to make proper eye contact and come around the front desk to provide customer service to customers with disabilities for example; If the customer is not able to see or reach the front desk to complete a sale or make an inquiry.
- No customer with a disability shall be turned away or not provided with proper customer service. We are proud to provide the best customer service to all customers; including those with disabilities.
- If a customer with a disability has any question or concern they can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Availability and Format of Documents
All documents required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, including YourSpace Salons Accessibility Policy, notices of temporary disruptions, training records, and written feedback process are available upon request, subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FIPPA”). When providing these documents to a person with a disability, YourSpace Salons will ensure to provide the document, or the information contained in the document, in a format that takes the person’s disability into account.
YourSpace Salons shall notify customers that the documents related to the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format, that takes into account the customer’s disability. Notification will be given by posting the information on the YourSpace Salons website and/or any other reasonable method. In the event that a notification needs to be posted, the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable
- reason for the disruption
- anticipated duration
- a description of alternative services or options